(adapted from the INT CoC which was adapted from the National Academy of Sciences CoC)
1) We agree to treat each other with respect, and will refrain from all forms of discrimination a, harassment b, bullying c, defamation d and retaliation.
2) We agree to not commit scientific misconduct, defined as fabrication, falsification, or plagiarism, and to avoid those detrimental research practices that are clear violations of the fundamental tenets of research.
3) We agree to include all deserving authors on publications, respect intellectual property (IP, which includes algorithms and computer code), and give appropriate credit to prior work in citations in publication, presentations and in proposals to funding agencies and foundations.
4) We agree to act in the best interests of IQuS and related activities.
5) We agree to not encourage, enable, facilitate or request other scientists to violate this code of conduct.
6) We agree to adhere to our employers’ codes of conduct or ethics.
a Discrimination is defined as prejudicial treatment of individuals or groups of people based on their race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws.
b Sexual harassment is unwelcome sexual advances, requests for sexual favors, and other verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature that creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment. Other types of harassment include any verbal or physical conduct directed at individuals or groups of people because of their race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, that creates an intimidating, hostile, or offensive environment.
c Bullying is unwelcome, aggressive behavior involving the use of influence, threat, intimidation, or coercion to dominate others in the professional environment.
d Defamation is the action of damaging the good reputation of someone; slander or libel.
Team members and visitors who violate this CoC may be asked to leave.